Friday, June 24, 2011

For the Love of Madelinetosh

So, I'm a sucker for hand dyed yarns.

A few years back I went absolutely gaga for Three Irish Girls.

Before that it was Artyarns.

But those were my variegated days.

I've moved on.

Matured.

Or something like that.

I got direction. I started getting the idea that buying yarn for the sake of just having the yarn was a little silly. That maybe you needed projects to go with the yarn.

Dangerous path. And then something else happened.

Oh yeah. I married well. I got disposable income.

Dangerous stuff that is.

Suddenly a $20 skein of yarn isn't completely out of reach. Why not buy 5?

Seriously?

What on earth makes me believe I am EVER going to knit that sweater? When all evidence points to the contrary, what on EARTH makes me believe??? And I live in TEXAS for god's sake!

So, I'm here to say that I have an addiction. It's an addiction to Madelinetosh yarn. Yes, the colorways are amazing. And it's just so soft and squishy. IT'S SO FLUFFY I COULD JUST DIE!!! Or something like that. And I can't even tell you how wonderful it is to work with because I'm forcing myself to finish at least one of my current sweater projects before I can start one of my Madelinetosh projects.

Yes, it's completely possible that the Madelinetosh yarn will be so amazing that I will knit right through the project and finish it right away, but who are we kidding. I have enough UFOs to fill area 51 twenty times over.

Okay, maybe not, but you get my point.

Discipline is what I need. No more Tosh. We'll see how long I can keep that up. So far I have an Earl Grey shawl, a Vanilla Bean cardigan and a Filigree short sleeve sweater waiting in the wings. Let's hope they don't get lonely...

No comments: