Sunday, June 23, 2013

And Now for Something Completely Different

So like most people, I have a life outside of knitting. I know, what a shocker...

In my real life, I deal with some pretty rough crap. To put it mildly.

A few months ago, I was asked to guest blog for an organization that I hold in high esteem and was actually pretty honored at the opportunity.  They've since asked me to write another blog for them which I'm currently working on. This first blog was a bit of a coming out for me. Suicide isn't something I talk about when it pertains to me. But this was all about me and it was incredibly cathartic to write.

It wasn't until after it was published that I realized that the writing was as good as it was or that the piece had the power it held. I honestly have no idea how I didn't realize. I sincerely hope you'll follow the link below and read my other blog.

http://attemptsurvivors.com/2013/05/13/i-no-longer-fear-suicide/

Hope you're having a good summer!  More on knitting to come...

No comments: