Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sleep Deprived

As I write this I am missing out on precious sleep...

I think I love sleep more than just about anything in the world, or maybe I just crave it so much it just seems that way.  Weird how the commonplace things we one day take for granted become sacred commodities when they are no longer commonplace.

I work a weird schedule. I go into work at six am and leave at two thirty pm. It's not because I work at Starbucks although I am at Starbucks almost every morning - the old employment sign at Chipotle "You're here everyday, you might at well get paid" comes to mind. And it's not because I am a morning person although I basically am a morning person. It's one of those slippery slopes.

I started out working seven thirty to four and liked getting home early, so it shifted to seven to three thirty and then I noticed the lessening of the traffic in the morning, so it became six thirty to three. That's when I started to notice that the traffic lights are programmed differently before six.  You don't have to wait for the full cycles on most lights. And I really liked getting out early, I mean, REALLY.  So it slipped to six to two thirty and sometimes earlier. I like having the highway to myself in the morning. I admit it. I'm a freeway xenophobe. When there are other people cluttering MoPac I exclaim out loud, Who ARE these people?! And we all know the other part that goes without saying... (And what are they doing on MY road!?)

So I TRY to go to bed by nine so that when my alarm goes off at 4:30 I won't be completely distraught.

It's 10:04 right now.  Not doing a very good job, am I?

And I TRY to take naps during my enormous afternoons since my husband works a normal schedule.  But it's so much more fulfilling to knit or weave or run errands or cook or, alright, I'll be honest, get a mani-pedi. Damn, that was nice.  So, yes, tomorrow is going to suck big time. And I have no one to blame but myself and the Internet.

Crap, I'm really tired...

No comments: