Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Neverending Yarn Collection that Never Ends

I have a stash.

That's really an understatement.

I have enough stash for a baker's dozen knitters.

At least.

At the very least.

I've been knitting for 35 years; seriously knitting for over 10 years.  I have a problem with UFOs.  I'm a planner and dreamer.  And it just sort of happens.

I like to take advantage of sales or at least I used to.  I have learned to let them pass me by.  There will be other sales, other yarns.

You can't imagine how much Cascade 220 I have.  I'm not sure I can.

I suppose there's a little bit of hoarder in me.  Just a little bit.

My husband had no idea how much yarn I actually had until we moved a few months ago and these plastic boxes he had never seen before emerged from the depths of the hall closet and were moved to the depths of the new hall closet.  Have I mentioned that I love hall closets that wrap all the way under the stairs?

It all starts with the best of intentions.  It really does.

I'll have a pattern I like.  I'll get the yarn to make it.  It will get put in a queue somewhere and there it will stay.  For eternity perhaps.

Then projects come up. KALs or baby gifts.  Timely things.  Seriously, you can't put off a baby gift for a few years until you finish up a poncho from 2004.  Seriously.  Who would do such a thing?!?!

I've been on a yarn diet.  It's good for me.  I keep reminding myself of that.  It bears reminding.

But then Three Irish Girls had their special sale for colors they were retiring.  Last chance to get these colors.  Not to be missed.  Have to get two or three skeins of certain colorways.  This is definitely an exception to the yarn diet. Right?  Right.

Special Downton Abbey yarn and KAL at Jimmy Bean Wool.  Another exception? OF COURSE.  Like you really need to ask...

And yarn for weaving doesn't count.  That's like a completely different stash.  Get real.

I am in so much trouble.  It will never end.  Lucky for me the one who dies with the most yarn wins.





No comments: