Thursday, January 17, 2013

YAY!! A BABY!!!!

So I found out yesterday that some friends are having a baby.

Seriously, nothing makes a knitter happier than good friends reproducing.  There are just so many opportunities and options ~ booties, blankets, hats.....  WHEEEEEEE!

I've actually known these two since before they were dating.  I went to their wedding. Aw, it doesn't get sweeter than this. And have I mentioned that they are two of the nicest people in the world?

And I get to destash with this one.  They are having a girl.  So, I'll be making booties and a Be Sweet hat and a Nesting Squares blanket/playmat.  I already have the bootie and Be Sweet yarn.  I got the yarn for the blanket/playmat yesterday online.  Oh, it's going to be sweet!

Now, see, this is what knitting gifts is all about.  Making things for people you really like for occasions that really matter and that you know they will really appreciate the gesture.  Because they will.

No comments: